FPG is an MIT-born startup accelerating the growth of the cryptocurrency economy to redefine finance. Our trading operations platform offers seamless access to the cryptocurrency markets for institutional traders by making it orders of magnitude easier and safer to manage their trading operations. With the cryptocurrency markets surpassing a market cap of $1 trillion and the recent entrants of institutional heavyweights BNY Mellon, Morgan Stanley, and others, the need for a safe and scalable cryptocurrency trading technology stack is more salient than ever.
We’re looking for seasoned engineers skilled with building distributed systems, integrating off-the-shelf libraries, and ensuring code quality standards are met. You will be instrumental in taking high level design documents and implementing them into a codebase; while ensuring that development follows best-practices.
What you’ll be doing.
- Drive ambitious technical projects that immediately impact our customers. From complex order execution algorithms, to real time hyper-granular market data aggregation, to sophisticated systems to safely move our customers assets.
- Work with the talented, ambitious, and creative members of our engineering team. You'll be collaborating with our highly-motivated (and insatiably curious) engineers who bring with them rigorous and diverse industry experience, while also enjoying full access to our advisors, whose prolific careers at some of the world’s premier tech organizations have cemented them as invaluable resources to FPG.
- Learn and grow at a breakneck pace as our company rapidly scales. As an early team member, you will have an incredible degree of autonomy, it's something we intentionally build into our workflow. We expect that you not only take ownership of your work but that you have an appetite for doing so. As our product and team continue to grow, your responsibilities will inevitably follow suit - the organization is expected to double in size in the next three months.
Who you are.
- You’ve designed and implemented complex distributed systems. You have extensive experience with micro-service architectures. You excel at assessing the strengths and limitations of various implementations. You have a keen intuition for seeing how a product requirement might necessitate a particular technology, and conversely, how a technology in our stack might constrain the functionality of our product.
- You’ve worked on a high-velocity product team. You understand how to build systems that enable fast product iteration. You’re comfortable weighing trade-offs between functionality, quality, and technical debt. (You may have been an early engineer/technical cofounder at an early-stage company.)
- You can recognize and advocate for technical excellence. You strive to be a world-class engineer. You understand the discipline and craft of software development, you invest in learning and tooling, and you insist on technical excellence from yourself and your teammates.
More about Floating Point Group.
Us: We are technologists and we are builders. We spent years of ours lives building some of the most frontier computer science systems. We've designed, built, and deployed distributed data capturing systems at AWS, natural language processing models at MIT, and data pipelines for cancer cell analysis. Many of us have founded businesses previously. We founded FPG with a single goal: to improve the digital asset financial ecosystem. But, more importantly, to enjoy every minute of building a company, creating a culture, and shipping a product. We are the FPG family, and we would love to meet you.
Our investors + advisors: We're backed by Tribe Capital, AngelList Founder Naval Ravikant, Algorand's CEO Steve Kokinos, BoxOne Ventures, and several notable asset management executives, but most notably, we're backed by several of our earliest customers.
Let us know if you have experience with any of the following!
- Designing, building, and deploying distributed systems / micro-services with a focus on asynchronous applications, multithreading, distributed message queues, and data consistency.
- Cloud (AWS) infrastructure
- Containerization + container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, etc.)
- Familiarity with API conventions / design patterns / anti-patterns / common pitfalls
- Shipping awesome products, bringing something from inception to actually delivering to customer hands.
- Experience with encryption & security standards (cloud-security)
- If you’re interested in learning more and meeting our team, please apply at https://floating-point-group.breezy.hr/